WORK WITH US
Thank you for your interest in Hewson & Van Hellemont, P.C. one of Michigan’s largest law firms. We provide the highest level of client service and make every effort to staff the firm with the most skilled individuals. Founded in 1991, we offer career opportunities for highly motived outstanding lawyers, legal assistants and professional staff, as well as summer internships for law students. Hewson & Van Hellemont expects every staff member’s contributions to be significant giving a gratifying and inspiring experience to the client.
We have three offices in Michigan: Oak Park (main office), Mount Clemens and Grand Rapids. Each office is conveniently located for our clients and staff. We offer a comprehensive benefits package.
The Law Firm has various open jobs throughout the year. See below for current positions accepting applications.
Posts not found
SUMMARY OF JOB: Performs a variety of Administrative duties for attorney(s) to whom assigned according to established policies and procedures. Maintains positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff and observes confidentiality of client matters.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents from written and oral direction.
- Prepares standard correspondence, such as cover letters, to accompany motions, pleadings, or discovery prepared by attorney.
- Screens telephone calls and records messages.
- Reviews all incoming mail on a daily basis for the purpose of screening any urgent matters, notices of depositions, appearance dates at court, requests for admission cut off dates, or any other important dates and deadlines and prepare an appropriate letter to the client advising of same.
- Conducts conflict of interest check prior to opening new files.
- Observes confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
- Makes appointments for attorney(s).
- Schedules and prepares notices for all depositions with appropriate letters, pleadings, and witness fee checks (when appropriate).
- Schedules hearing dates with the court and prepares appropriate notices, letters, pleadings and motion payments.
- Handles all electronic filings and other court filings.
- Ensures that attorney time is captured and entered in a timely manner and pursuant to client’s guidelines.
- Performs overflow typing, filing, photocopying, or reception relief as requested by the Office Manager or Firm Administrator.
- Performs various other legal assistant duties as requested.
Microsoft Office 365 experience required; PracticeMaster and Worldox experience helpful.