WORK WITH US
Thank you for your interest in Hewson & Van Hellemont, P.C. As one of Michigan’s largest law firms we provide the highest level of client service and make every effort to staff the firm with the most skilled individuals. Founded in 1991, we offer career opportunities for highly motived outstanding lawyers, legal assistants and professional staff, as well as summer internships for law students.
We have three offices in Michigan: Oak Park (main office), Mount Clemens and Grand Rapids. Each office is conveniently located for our clients and staff.
Hewson & Van Hellemont expects every staff member’s contributions to be significant giving a gratifying and inspiring experience to the client. The Law Firm has various open jobs throughout the year.
1) Associate Attorney – Oak Park, MI
Actively seeking an enthusiastic, aggressive litigator with a JD from an ABA accredited law school and with 3 (three) to 5 (five) years of experience. Candidate must be able to work independently and effectively handle all aspects of litigation, including trial. Cover letter, resume and writing samples can be sent to HVH for review.
2) Billing Specialist – Full Time – Oak Park, MI
Our Oak Park, MI office has an immediate need for a Billing Specialist who is a self starter to:
- interact with attorneys to establish client billing strategy
- review and bill attorney work to clients
- collect on billing receivables
- follow up on discrepancies
- research and resolve billing issues
- post payments in timely manner
- Microsoft excel proficiency
- excellent communication skills
- Ebill experience preferred but not required.
3) Legal Support / Legal Assistant – Full Time – Oak Park, MI
Seeking individuals with excellent verbal, written, and social communication skills who are detailed, flexible, and organized.
The right individual will have the ability to thrive in a high-paced environment, requiring exceptional organizational skills, juggling priorities, and adhering to strict deadlines.
Must be a self-starter with efficient time management, organizational skills and be tech savvy. Experience with personal injury is preferred but not required.
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Type 50 wpm
- Working knowledge of WorldDox, Practice Master, legal terminology and Personal Injury Litigation