Probate Litigation and Administration
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Wayne County Bar Association
Kent State University, 2006
Wayne State University Law School, 2011
Bruce Rice graduated from Kent State University in 2006 where he received his Bachelor of Arts and Science degrees in Psychology and Justice Studies. While attending Kent State, he was a member of the Black United Student organization and played for the Kent State football team.
Bruce attended Wayne State University Law School and received his Juris Doctorate in 2011. During law school, he served as a student attorney at the Free Legal Aid Clinic, Inc.
Bruce served as a law clerk for the Honorable Muriel Hughes of the Third Circuit Court in 2010.
Prior to joining Hewson & Van Hellemont, P.C. in 2015, Bruce worked as an associate attorney with a focus on Probate and Trust Administration.
Bruce is a member of the Wayne County Probate Bar Association and specializes in Probate Administration, Litigation and Estate Planning.
Oak Park, Michigan
Recent articles and blog posts by Bruce Rice
- Removing a Person Who Has Misused a Power of Attorney?
- Abuse of a Power of Attorney
- New Changes in 2018 for Gifting Taxes and Exclusions
- Can a Personal Representative or Trustee Change or Ignore the Terms of a Trust or Will?
- Ancillary Estate Administration for Michigan Property
- Will Your Debt Die With You?
- Death and Taxes: What are you required to file with the IRS once someone has died?
- What Happens When You Can’t Find the Original Will?
- Minor Guardianships.
- Changes in Michigan Dower Rights
- Do I need to go to Probate?
- Handling Taxes as a Fiduciary After Someone’s Death!