Timothy M. Kaufmann,
Alternative Dispute Resolution
U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of Michigan
State Bar of Michigan, International Law Section Council Member & Co-Chair of the Emerging Markets Committee, Federalist Society, International Chamber of Commerce, Young Arbitrators Forum
Michigan State University, 2007
Michigan State University College of Law, 2011
Tim Kaufmann is a graduate of Michigan State University and Michigan State University College of Law.
Mr. Kaufmann practices banking, real estate, corporate and bankruptcy law. He represents Talmer Bank & Trust and a number of equity firms. He also practices in all areas of insurance defense law, including first party automobile defense and worker’s compensation.
Prior to joining Hewson & Van Hellemont, Mr. Kaufmann practiced in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan and Farmington Hills, Michigan. He successfully represented banks, insurers, re-insurers, corporations, business owners and individuals in many litigation matters. Mr. Kaufman also advised businesses and business owners in the technology, food service, manufacturing and finance industries on entity formations, acquisitions, joint ventures, transactional matters, employment and general corporate governance issues. His current work focuses on advising clients on litigation, corporate transactions, corporate governance and numerous other legal matters.
Mr. Kaufmann is active in the National Eagle Scout Association and his local Council’s Eagle Program. He is a Certified Civil Facilitative Mediator. He is also a member of the International Chamber of Commerce’s Young Arbitrators Forum.
- “Model International Dispute Resolution Clause,” by Timothy M. Kaufmann, Esq., State Bar of Michigan International Law Section, 2013.
- “Piracy: today and in the Future” by Timothy M. Kaufmann, Esp., SSRN, 10/19/2011.
- “Doing Business in Russia,” by Timothy M. Kaufmann, Esq., State Bar of Michigan International Law Section, Annual Meeting Materials, 2012.
- “Doing Business in Brazil,” by Timothy M. Kaufmann, Esq., State Bar of Michigan International Law Section Annual Meeting Materials, 2012.
- “Your Ethics or Mine: A Comparison of International Ethics” by Timothy M. Kaufmann, Esq., State Bar of Michigan International Law Section, 2011.
- “Breaks in the Chain of Title and Fraud and Forgery,” by Timothy M. Kaufmann, Esq., National Business Institute, January 18, 2016.
- “Joint Ventures in China” by Timothy M. Kaufmann, Esq., State Bar of Michigan International Law Section, May 16, 2012
- “Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Deeds, and Some Things You Might Not Want to Know,” by Timothy M. Kaufmann, Esq., presented to the North Oakland County Board of Realtors, October 17, 2013.